5 Things to Know When Purchasing a Robotic Pool Cleaner
Also known as Automated Pool Cleaners, this article lists five important factors that all consumers should consider before investing in a pool cleaner. There are two main types of pool cleaners: manual and automatic. Here we discuss what you should know when buying an Automatic Pool Cleaner. These tips are not brand specific, instead we are offering a general overview of the main topics of consideration.
1) How long is the warranty? What is covered or not covered? Some robotic cleaners include a 3 year bumper-to-bumper warranty.
2) If the unit should need repair is the authorized warranty repair center local to you or do you have to ship the unit elsewhere? Keep in mind the units can be costly to ship. A local authorized repair center is important.
3) Does the cleaner climb the pool walls or just cleans the floor? There is more value for the pool owner if it does both.
4) Will the unit get “stuck” on the main drain? Some units come equipped with a third wheel underneath to prevent this annoying issue from occurring which is very important.
5) Does the unit use a bag filter or does it have cartridges? Bag filters collect more debris but emptying these is awkward since they are bottom-loaded. However, cartridges are top-loaded and easy to access making the clean-out very easy for the user.